Search This Blog

Thursday, May 20, 2010

So my friend's band is playing..

His band, and three others, are playing at a local pub they've played at before. I went a couple weeks ago and it was a ton of fun. Really packed, I knew most of the people in there cause I knew two of the bands. Drunken, rowdy, good tunes. All around excellent night.

So they're doing it again in June, and I'm totally pumped.

I accept the Facebook invite, check out who's accepted as well, and see this girl. This.. old friend.

We were best friends through grade 11 and 12.. and for a while after. Then I told her I wanted to be more. She let me down with the old we-should-be-friends thing. Didn't see her for four months. Good job still being friends right?

When I finally did see her, we were kinda friends for two months or so.. not really close anymore. Friendship had obviously taken a blow. September last year, we go to a friend's birthday party. At this party, I find out she has a boyfriend.

She's had a boyfriend for eight months. Do some quick math here folks, you'll see I asked her out while she was dating someone. If she had told me she had a boyfriend, something like two months into the relationship (something you would tell someone you claim is your best friend), we would still have been friends.

Well, if not for the cocaine. Yea there's a cocaine habit too. That didn't really help with the whole friendship.

I haven't seen her since September... now I might have to see her at this show. I really, really do not want to see her. Not really.. ever again, but I'm not missing that show.

-Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment