Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Small mistakes

Went to a show last night out on an acreage outside the city. Pretty badass show, good music and lots of booze. Girl walks up to me, asks if I'm Evan. There's a girl beside her who I suddenly recognize, and when I say yea the second girl gets excited and says she knows me through a mutual (ex- for me) friend. This girl just moved back from Germany after living there for nine months, and we immediately hit it off. We talk for half an hour, and I'm really enjoying it, which is something that doesn't often happen for me. Either I get bored with strangers or I say something stupid. This time, it wasn't what I said.

I left for maybe ten seconds to throw something out, and she disappeared. The next time I saw her, she was surrounded by three guys (who obviously knew each other), and I had to leave soon. I hadn't seen this girl in a year, and when I do I screw it up.

It's pretty rare for me to actually strike out with a girl, usually I either just don't make it up to bat or I wasn't even at the game, but god dammit. This is the start of something for me though. Because of something that kept happening while we were talking.

She'd make eye contact with one of her friends, and they'd say, "So it really was him!"

This happened several times, and every time we both laughed it off and I teased her, but there's only one reason to be so excited to see a guy you barely knew before and haven't seen in a long time.. I screwed up, but for once it was something specific, not just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment